Agriculture is one of the oldest and evergreen sectors on our planet. With vast amounts of live stocks to be sheltered, grains to be stored, and hays to be kept intact, you need a storage unit that is sufficient enough to do the job and goes easy in your pocket. So, why go for traditional and old wooden barns that require heavy maintenance, do not have that aesthetic appeal, and cost you lots of bucks? If you want a modern solution to these problems, consider prefabricated metal barns. After you place an order, these metal structures are easy to assemble on-site as they are pre-engineered.
Prefabricated barns are among the top choices for farm units and amongst farmers because of their efficacy, cost, and commercial benefits over traditional wooden or concrete barns.
Farm buildings differ from regular household buildings. Hence, it would be best to go for prefab barns as your first choice. It offers an excellent structural build and is long-lasting. Metal barns are a wise investment.
Benefits of Prefab Metal Barns in Agriculture:
- Durability of Steel – Steel is one of the most robust metals on the earth. It is known for its longevity. Steel barns are hard-wearing. It can combat severe climate and rough conditions.
- Storage – Since metal barns are column-free, they can be sectioned into multiple layers horizontally or vertically, giving more sq. footage than the old wooden barns.
- Customizable Design – Our steel barns are fully customizable to fit your needs and preferences. You can pre-decide no. of doors, windows, type of roofing, or insulation as per your need.
- Easy Construction – Prefab steel barns only need to be assembled on-site as their parts are already constructed. It reduces labor costs and time of installation. They make prefab barns flexible and versatile.
- Pest Resistance – Steel barns do not attract rodents and are pest-proof. Hence, your crops, hays, and other products are safe. Steel does not get molds as well; that’s a bonus.
- Fireproof– Prefab barns are non-combustible, unlike wooden barns. It protects your animals, crops, and hays from fire due to heat or excessive moisture. Steel unquestionably does not emit toxic fumes, as it is widely acknowledged.
- Eco-friendly/ Sustainable – Metals such as steel are 100% recyclable. It will keep them away from landfills and promote a healthier planet.
- Low Maintenance – Wooden barns require care all year round, whereas steel barns made up of steel only need to be coated occasionally to prevent rusting. It reduces the cost of maintenance in the long run.
- Multipurpose Use – You can have multiple uses out of the prefab barn. You can make it storage, shelter your animals, create an office, lease it out to retail, open a shop, convert it into your garage, and much more.
- Energy Efficient – Prefab barns designs are such that they keep your energy bills low. Proper insulation, doors and windows for fresh air circulation, and skylights in the roof can drastically lower the cost for your agricultural business in the long run.
Prefab barns applications in agriculture:
- Live Stocks: Prefab steel barns shelter and keep your live stocks safe. If you’re looking for a reliable solution to manage your animals like sheep and goats, metal prefab barns are an excellent choice. They offer a sturdy and secure shelter, protecting your animals from harsh weather conditions and predators. With a metal barn, you can have peace of mind knowing that your animals are safe and well taken care of. It will protect them from harsh weather conditions and predators.
- Agricultural tools, equipment, and Machinery: Proper storage is necessary for rakes, plows, harrows, seeders, tractors, harvesters, ATVs, UTVs, etc. Agricultural equipment is an investment and even costly. A prefab barn is a one-stop solution to protect equipment from harsh sun, storms, tornados, and rain. Taking good care of and safeguarding this equipment can help increase its lifespan, ultimately benefiting farmers in the long run.
- Large Crop Storage Area: After harvest but before shipping, crops need to be protected from molds, pests, and moisture to increase the longevity of crops. A prefab barn is the best option as it checks all the boxes. You can also add facilities such as crop drying and packaging.
- Workshop: Did you know that prefab barns can be the perfect solution for creating a workspace to process your farm products? With their versatility and durability, these structures are customizable to meet your needs and provide a safe and functional environment for your operations. Consider investing in a prefabricated metal barn for your farming business and see how it can enhance productivity and efficiency. You can do maintenance and repair of agricultural tools and machinery too.
- Dairy: Cows can cause heavy wear and tear to the building. Metal Barn is a great alternative here. It is column-free. You can store and process all dairy products from your farm.
- Poultry Farm: Even though chickens do not weigh as much as cows, they can still cause substantial damage to the building. A metal barn will not just provide shelter to your chickens; it will also protect them from predators.
- Horse Stable: Equine lovers know that large animals and wooden barns with columns can be quite restricting. Steel barns are cost-effective, column-free, and have ample space for horses to bed down and take shelter from inconvenient weather conditions.
- Shop Space: Prefab barns are popular for building long-lasting farm shops. You can upkeep your products and crops and harvest in a very cost-effective way. You can store haystacks to sell them in the future, as metal barns are moisture-proof.
Choosing prefab barns over traditional wooden or concrete barns for your farm would be best. It is worth noting that these have become more prevalent in recent times. Metals, in general, have huge advantages over wood or concrete. Their benefits speak for themselves. You will get a long-term high return for your investment.